I have a strange addiction with gallery walls. I love both a symmetrical and asymmetrical appearance and the more eclectic, the better! The best walls are the ones that are most inspired!
I LOVE some of these great spaces below – and you are very capable of making them yourself!!
Here are 16 TIPS TO CREATING A GREEEEEEEAT GALLERY WALL (and be the envy of all your friends!)
1. Let your gallery wall be eclectic (it’s a lot easier than getting out the level and tape measure for every print…) . I love what Blue Roof Cabins did in her kitchen area!!
2. Hang all of your pictures symmetrically.
3. Don’t be afraid to make an asymmetrical or vertical wall. I love what The Black Apple did below with her tiny blue room to add interest to the small space!
4. Use your hallway as a canvas (and a way to make your guest’s trip to the bathroom that much more interesting!)
5. Go for a monochromatic look (using one colour, or a variation of that colour).
6. Use those heirlooms and/or vintage and treasured trinkets you have not yet found a place for!
7. Create interest behind the gallery – with a striped or chevron wall.
8. OR…use a chalkboard painted wall.
9. Make the monster TV you let your husband buy (to make up for the rest of the house you have dominated) into a gorgeous masterpiece of art.
14. Use your staircase as a gallery.
15. Use a dark wall with various frame and mat sizes to create contrast.
16. Last but not least…don’t feel the need to hang the pictures on the wall. Use shelving instead – it adds an additional layer of depth and interest.
Enjoy making your wall – for each one is unique and something to be truly proud of!
All images posted without hyperlink are via Pinterest.